- About HEA
- EU Roadmap
- Global Roadmap
- Macroeconomic Study
- Special Focus
- Photo Gallery
Hydro Equipment Association
"Renewable Energy House"
Rue d'Arlon 63-67 1040 Brussels, Belgium
work pref+32 2 / 400 10 04 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hydropower is the first, largest and most efficient renewable energy source. It fulfils additional needs such as CO2 savings, energy storage, flood control, irrigation, water supply and sustainable economic and social development.
Up to now only about 30 % of global hydropower resources have been developed and the remaining 70 % are mostly located, where the power demand will grow strongly for meeting the social and economic development of these areas.
Hydropower currently meets about 16 % of the world’s electricity needs. Most medium-term scenarios predict that power needs will be primarily met through a combination of various new renewable and fossil fuel resources. According to current forecasts, awareness of global warming will lead in the next decades to a significant pressure to develop alternative generation technologies to thermal power generation.
As a result, the demand for hydropower – the best-proven and most developed renewable energy source – is expected to grow.